Meet The All-Star Team
ALBERT YAMOAH, DDS
Our community is the best, and our community produces the best. Denton County (Denton, TX) born and raised, Dr. Al is the community’s very own homegrown board-certified pediatric dentist. Your child deserves a specialty healthcare provider that truly cares, and Dr. Al has the amazing superpowers of kindness and generosity, giving everything he has for an incomparable dental experience that is exciting and entertaining for your child and your family.
Your child deserves a specialty healthcare provider devoted to learning. After receiving his bachelor’s degree at Baylor University and a master’s degree at the University of North Texas, Dr. Al attended Baylor College of Dentistry, where his foundation in dentistry was built and strengthened with knowledge and clinical experience.
Your child deserves a specialty healthcare provider dedicated to professional growth and development. After three years of learning from and working with a pediatric dentist, Dr. Al went on to complete specialty training at Hasbro Children’s Hospital and Saint Joseph Health Center in Providence, Rhode Island, part of the NYU Langone Dental Health System. During his residency, Dr. Al trained in various areas of pediatric dentistry, including preventive dentistry, special needs dentistry, sedation dentistry, and hospital dentistry.
Since completing pediatric dental residency, Dr. Al has continued building and strengthening his wealth of knowledge and experience through continuing education and active participation in the pediatric dental community.
One of the greatest joys in Dr. Al’s life is his family. He and his amazing wife Joanna have four wonderful children — Katalina, Maxwell, Lucia, and Solana — and three energetic dogs: Porky, Tuffy, and Ralfy. This vibrant modern family enjoys time with each other adventuring, playing, and relaxing.
The adventures of this busy and bustling family could easily become a warm, loving, comedic family sitcom … the next great feel-good hit series for television. Dr. Al’s patients also make up this family. They make it easy to see from where his caring nature comes.
Your child deserves a provider that cares, and Dr. Al is the compassionate specialist who truly cares for all patients and every family. His involvement and impact in patient advocacy are the dental legacy he finds most purposeful. He truly believes it is the collective effort of many that brings about productive change for all. With his entertaining style and fun personality, Dr. Al gets children and their families excited about their dental care.
Dr. Al’s purpose and mission in pediatric dentistry is to help children and their families develop healthy mindsets and positive habits that will last a lifetime. He is driven to provide an exceptional, kid-centric, and family-friendly dental home for every child and every family: one that fosters growth and centers on well- being. Why? “Because every kid is awesome!”
COOL FACTS ABOUT DR. AL
- Dr. Al is the community’s very own homegrown board certified pediatric dentist.
- Born and raised in Denton, Dr. Al attended Borman Elementary School, Calhoun Middle School, and graduated from Denton High School.
- Growing up in a musical family, Dr. Al played piano, drums, and later learned to play guitar.
- Dr. Al also enjoyed playing soccer, basketball, and football with various local youth organizations.
- Dr. Al attended Baylor University where he earned his BS in biology in 2006.
- The summer after graduating from Baylor University, Dr. Al married his college sweetheart and best friend, Joanna.
- Dr. Al attended the University of North Texas, where he earned his MS in kinesiology in 2008.
- Dr. Al went on to attend Baylor College of Dentistry, where he received his DDS in 2013.
- Dr. Al received specialty training, education, and experience, to earn a certificate in pediatric dentistry from NYU Langone hospitals in 2018.
- In 2019, Dr. Al was certified as a Diplomate by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry, thus becoming a board-certified pediatric dentist.